Panoramic photograph of the Port of ALGIERS by Claude-Joseph PORTIER around 1870
- Original print on albumen paper from a glass negative.
- Photographer : Claude-Joseph PORTIER (Paris 1841-Alger 1910)
- This panoramic is composed of 6 strips mounted on 6 vintage cardboards, hinged in accordion fashion by canvas tabs. The set is lined with green percaline on the spine and is housed in a red percaline slipcase.
- Dimensions excluding mounting : 55×7.5 inches
- Condition : well preserved, fairly dense blacks, slightly faded intermediate tones. A spot on the right end of the 4th albumen (visible on the scan).